From "Read, Kevin" <Kevin.R...@qr.com.au>
Subject RE: Problem in Logging When calling Log4Net appenders from COM+ (ServicedComponent)
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:32:42 GMT

Follow this link to setup a configuration file for a COM+ component...

http://objectsharp.com/Blogs/bruce/archive/2004/02/06/269.aspx

Works well for us.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicko Cadell [mailto:nicko@neoworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 6 July 2005 01:47
To: Log4NET User
Subject: RE: Problem in Logging When calling Log4Net appenders from COM+
(ServicedComponent)

Due to the way in which COM+ components are hosted it can be difficult
to configure log4net to locate a config file. If you can enable internal
log4net debug you should get a log of what log4net is trying to do.
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/faq.html#internalDebug

Nicko

in error please notify the system manager of QR.

This message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. No warranty is given that
this message upon its receipt is
virus free and no liability is accepted by the sender in this respect.

This email is a message only; does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon as
such.