From "Stewart, Mark \(GE Consumer Finance, consultant\)" <mstew...@wmcdirect.com>
Subject Log4Net Threading Error?
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 21:06:21 GMT
I have gotten the following error in my log4net log.  This application can have multiple threads
writing to the same log file.  The Message and the trace stack below point to log4net...

Any comments or ideas?
(Using = VS.NET 2003, and log4net (1.2.0 Beta 9)

2005-05-12 17:53:43,863 [1420] FATAL WMService.Control.Process [] - WMService.Service.ReceiveMessage()
had an Exception
Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
Message: Probable I/O race condition detected while copying memory.  The I/O package is not
thread safe by default.  In multithreaded applications, a stream must be accessed in a thread-safe
way, such as a thread-safe wrapper returned by TextReader's or TextWriter's Synchronized methods.
 This also applies to classes like StreamWriter and StreamReader.
Source: mscorlib
   at System.Buffer.InternalBlockCopy(Array src, Int32 srcOffset, Array dst, Int32 dstOffset,
Int32 count)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.Write(Char[] buffer, Int32 index, Int32 count)
   at System.IO.TextWriter.WriteLine(String value)
   at System.IO.SyncTextWriter.WriteLine(String value)
   at log4net.helpers.LogLog.Debug(String msg)
   at log4net.Config.DOMConfigurator.Configure(ILoggerRepository repository)
   at log4net.Config.DOMConfigurator.Configure()
   at WMService.Data.Oracle..ctor()
   at WMService.Control.Process.ReceiveMessage(MessageQueue messageQueue)

Thanks,
Mark