From "Esterbrooks, Brette" <BGEsterbro...@landolakes.com>
Subject RE: Type int in ADOAppender.
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:45:04 GMT
Thanks for the update on this. However I am not sure how to go about it.
I am adding the custom parameters to the MDC stack as follows.

MDC.set("IntegerVarName", value);

However this method only allows the value parameter to be a type string.
I want to add an integer to the stack do I have to do it a different way
for non-string data types? Below is my current code.

Thanks,
Brette

MDC.Set("methodName", inMethodName);
MDC.Set("className", inClassName);

//This will only allow a string how do I pass an integer to the
framework?
MDC.Set("applicationId", inApplicationId);

internalLogger.Debug(inMessage);

<commandText value="INSERT INTO Log (APPLICATIONID, CLASSNAME,
METHODNAME, LOGLEVEL, LOGGER, MESSSAGE) VALUES (:Application_Id,
Translate(:Method_Name using CHAR_CS), Translate(:Class_Name using
CHAR_CS), Translate(:log_level using CHAR_CS), Translate(:logger using
CHAR_CS), Translate(:message using CHAR_CS))" />
		<bufferSize value="1" />
		<parameter>
			<dbType value="Int32" />
			<parameterName value=":Application_Id" />
			<layout type="log4net.Layout.RawPropertyLayout">
				<conversionPattern
value="%X{applicationId}" />
			</layout>
		</parameter>