From "Esterbrooks, Brette" <BGEsterbro...@landolakes.com>
Subject RE: Getting started questions
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:31:52 GMT
Dont feel bad there is not a host of doc out there that are very helpful. Here is a good one
I think

http://tom.gilki.org/programming/net/120604/

This will help you in the config setting for the file.

http://blogs.acceleration.net/ryan/articles/379.aspx

This is another good link for DB logging.

http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2003/06/16/log4net.html

Another one that is pretty good broader in scope then then others.

http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2003/06/16/log4net.html?page=last

Good link on configuration.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Dave Hoffer [mailto:DHoffer@xrite.com]
	Sent: Fri 7/15/2005 1:22 PM
	To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
	Subject: Getting started questions

	I just downloaded log4net and have added a few DEBUG logging statements
	to my module.  I am having trouble understanding how to initialize the
	system so logging will be enabled.

	My module is a NET 1.1 DLL that I am testing with NUnit and will be
	hosted with ASP.NET.

	I want to log to a text file.  How do I do this?  I have even tried to
	play with some of the example projects and I cannot get logging to work.
	I am not clear on how to configure the config file, log4net file and the
	various log4net module attributes.

	Where can I go for a getting started into on how to do this?

	-dh