From "Raymond Chan - Symmetrics" <Raymo...@symmetrics.net>
Subject RollingFileAppender - MaxSizeRollBakups
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:09:26 GMT
Hello,

I am using the RollingFileAppender and trying to accomplish the
following:

I want my log files to be rolled over daily, and then
overwritten/deleted each week.

i.e. I only want to keep 7 backup log files.

Looking at the SDK documentation, it suggests that MaxSizeRollBackups
should work.

I have the following in my XML Config file (I'm using rollover by the
minute level for testing). I can't seem to get it to work. Suggestions?

                        <appender name="DebugRollingAppender"

                                    <param name="File"
value="logs/nVision.log" />

                                    <param name="AppendToFile"
value="true" />

                                    <param name="RollingStyle"
value="Composite" />

                        <param name="MaxSizeRollBackups" value="1" />

                                    <param name="datePattern"
value="yyyyMMdd-HHmm'.log'" />

                                    <param name="staticLogFileName"
value="true" />

                                    <layout
type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">

                                                <param name="Header"
value="[Log Start]%newline" type="log4net.Util.PatternString"/>

                                                <param name="Footer"
value="[Log End]%newline" type="log4net.Util.PatternString"/>

                                                <param
name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5p (%C{1}:%M:%L) - %m%n" />

                                    </layout>

                        </appender>

p.s. I believe I have v 1.2.9, downloaded ~June2005.

Thanks!

Raymond