From "Sargent, Erik" <Erik.Sarg...@providence.org>
Subject RE: Windows Service
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:55:05 GMT
Try debugging to see if you are getting configured right. Make sure the
config file is getting read properly.

If the event log AND the file logging both fail, that points to
something higher in the tree.

and enable debugging on log4net.

  _____

From: Wang, Jason @ Newport MacArthur [mailto:Jason.Wang@cbre.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 1:53 PM
To: 'Log4NET User'
Subject: RE: Windows Service

Brette,

            What about Windows Service using the rolling file appender?
If the .exe I registered as a Windows Service is stored in C:\MyService,
technically, the log file should be created in there as well right?
What stumps me is that Filemon from Sysinternals did not detect any
permission denied tries that may indicate some sorts of a user/file
permission cause.

Thanks,

Jason

  _____