From "Nicko Cadell" <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject RE: Log File Not Created with Pure XML Configuration
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:00:18 GMT
John,

It looks like your app is made up of a number of assemblies. One of the
limitations of using the configuration attributes is that only the first
assembly to request a logger (i.e. call LogManager.GetLogger) is checked
for assembly attributes. Looking back to your first post it looks like
the assembly tbot-server-proxy is the first one to call into log4net. Is
this your main assembly, the one with the attribute on it? If not is it
possible to add a log call into your main code start-up sequence before
other assemblies are loaded?

Nicko