From "Nicko Cadell" <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject RE: Info Only Appender
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:12:37 GMT
If you want to allow only INFO events then you would use

<filter type="log4net.Filter.LevelMatchFilter">
  <levelToMatch value="INFO" />
</filter>
<filter type="log4net.Filter.DenyAllFilter">

if you want to opposite effect, i.e. all events except INFO, they you
can use:

<filter type="log4net.Filter.LevelMatchFilter">
  <levelToMatch value="INFO" />
  <acceptOnMatch value="false" />
</filter>

Here the filter will Deny the INFO events and pass on the other events,
and without the DenyAllFilter these will be logged.

Essentially you have a chain of filters and you need to decide if you
want the filters to explicitly accept events or explicitly deny events,
then decide what to do with the remaining events - either accept them
all (the default) or deny them all (with the DenyAllFilter).

Nicko