From John Deviney <johnhdevi...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Log File Not Created with Pure XML Configuration
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:16:22 GMT
Nicko,

Thanks.  Your reply pulled it together.  The class
starting the application did not have a Log reference.
 I added a Log to this class and inserted the assembly
attribute in AssemblyInfo.cs.  This worked.  I don't
consider this a pure XML configuration though.  Use of
the assembly attribute is code that is checked by the
compiler.  I understand attributes are metadata but it
is still code.

One thing I found confusing in the docs is the fact
that the assembly attribute is required to configure
log4net without invoking the config api.

John

http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/manual/configuration
> > .html#attr
> > ibutes