From "Diego Barros" <di...@heyboyo.com>
Subject RE: ADONETAppender and stored procedures
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 06:08:12 GMT
Hi Aaron,

I tried your ADONetReturnValueAppender but am getting the error below. Now,
I changed all the private intsnaces in ADONetAppender to protected, as per
your comment in the follow-up email.

Tracing through the source I think the ambigiouity is due to the different
signatured of the AddParameter method in ADONetReturnValueAppender and ADONetValueAppender.
Well, that's my guess anyway.

public virtual void AddParameter(ADONetReturnValueAppenderParameter parameter);

Is there something else you have changed in ADONetAppender.cs which I may
also need to do?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Diego

----------------

log4net: DOMConfigurator: Configuration update mode [Merge].
log4net: DOMConfigurator: Rendering class [Log4NETTest.AuditEventIDRenderer,
Log
4NETTest], Rendered class [Log4NETTest.AuditEvent, Log4NETTest].
log4net: DOMConfigurator: Rendering class [Log4NETTest.AuditEventAdditionalDetai
lsRenderer, Log4NETTest], Rendered class [Log4NETTest.AuditEvent, Log4NETTest].
log4net: DOMConfigurator: Logger [root] Level string is [DEBUG].
log4net: DOMConfigurator: Logger [root] level set to [name="DEBUG",value=30000].

log4net: DOMConfigurator: Loading Appender [AuditEventAppender] type: [log4net.A
ppender.ADONetReturnValueAppender]
log4net: DOMConfigurator: Setting Property [BufferSize] to Int32 value [1]
log4net: DOMConfigurator: Setting Property [ConnectionType] to String value
[Sys
tem.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection, System.Data, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutr
al, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]
log4net: DOMConfigurator: Setting Property [ConnectionString] to String
value [d
ata source=localhost;initial catalog=TestDB;integrated security=false;persist
se
curity info=True;User ID=sa;Password=]
log4net: DOMConfigurator: Setting Property [CommandText] to String value
[usp_Lo
gAuditEvent]
log4net: DOMConfigurator: Setting Property [CommandType] to CommandType
value [S
toredProcedure]
log4net:ERROR DOMConfigurator: Could not create Appender [AuditEventAppender]
of
 type [log4net.Appender.ADONetReturnValueAppender]. Reported error follows.
System.Reflection.AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found.
   at System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImplInternal(String name, BindingFlags
binding
Attr, Binder binder, CallingConventions callConvention, Type[] types, ParameterM
odifier[] modifiers, Boolean verifyAccess)
   at System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImpl(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr,
Bi
nder binder, CallingConventions callConvention, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[
] modifiers)
   at System.Type.GetMethod(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr)
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.DOMHierarchyConfigurator.SetParameter(XmlElem
ent element, Object target) in c:\development\log4net-1.2.0-beta8\src\repository
\hierarchy\domhierarchyconfigurator.cs:line 508
   at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.DOMHierarchyConfigurator.ParseAppender(XmlEle
ment appenderElement) in c:\development\log4net-1.2.0-beta8\src\repository\hiera
rchy\domhierarchyconfigurator.cs:line 286
log4net:ERROR DOMConfigurator: Appender named [AuditEventAppender] not found.
log4net: DOMConfigurator: Hierarchy Threshold []
log4net: Logger: No appenders could be found for logger [myLogger] repository
[l
og4net-default-domain]
log4net: Logger: Please initialize the log4net system properly.
log4net: Logger:    Current AppDomain context information:
log4net: Logger:       BaseDirectory   : D:\Code\C#\Log4NETTest\Log4NETTest\bin\
Debug\
log4net: Logger:       FriendlyName    : Log4NETTest.exe
log4net: Logger:       DynamicDirectory:
Done.