From "Nicko Cadell" <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject RE: log4net Serialization
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:00:53 GMT
Dru,

If you have a distributed application you an either choose to use
log4net locally in each process or to remote a reference to the original
logger and have the logging occur in the originating process.

If you want to remote an ILog instance you will need to create a wrapper
object that extends the MarshalByRefObject base type. You can either
roll your own implementation or write a log4net extension like the
EventID extension in the log4net download at
extensions\net\1.0\log4net.Ext.EventID\cs\src

Cheers,
Nicko