From "Olav Benum" <olava...@hotmail.com>
Subject Reporting events back to Unit-test
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:13:05 GMT
Hi

I am using NUnit and log4net, and I would like to use log4net to report
certain events back to the unit test.

What would be the best way to do this?

It seems I canít generate events and attach to them?

It should be possible to inspect to obtain the relevant logger, and inspect
it at regular intervals.

Also I need to make sure (from unit test at run-time) that what I look for
is really logged.

One situation where I need this is when I want to test an unavailable
connection.  This is logged anyway, and as the unit-test donít know the
assembly directly, it would be easiest to communicate through the
logging-framework.

Thanks
Olav