From "Collier, Mike" <Mike_Coll...@stercomm.com>
Subject Log an Exception
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 23:56:00 GMT
I apologize if you get this message twice.  I originally sent it to the
old Sourceforge.net list before I realized it was closed.

------------------

How would I log an exception (type, message, and stack trace) using, for
example, the ConsoleAppender or FileAppender?  It seems that the "%m"
conversion character in PatternLayout prints my log message, and the
exception type and message, but not the stack trace.  I see that the
ExceptionLayout prints out the exception information.  I don't see a way
to use the ExceptionLayout with appenders like the ConsoleAppender.  I
could use the ExceptionLayout with the ADONetAppender though.

Do I need to implement my own conversion character?

I'm using Log4NET 1.2.0 beta 8.

Thanks!