From Oliver Sturm <oli...@sturmnet.org>
Subject Re: Log4Net API to get appender config properties
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:35:28 GMT
Hey Nicko,

you may have noticed that you answered my recent question ("Finding out
whether a specific appender is attached") with this, too (although I
haven't tried it yet). Just two comments inline below:

Nicko Cadell wrote:

>You can get all the current appenders by using a method like:
>public static log4net.Appender.IAppender[] GetAllAppenders()
>  ArrayList appenders = new ArrayList();
>  log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy h =
Why do you assume that this ILoggerRepository is really a Hierarchy?

>  appenders.AddRange(h.Root.Appenders);
>  foreach(log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Logger logger in
Why do you assume that this ILog is really a Logger?

I usually tend to be quite careful with libraries written by other
people when interfaces are in use. I assume that interfaces have been
used for a reason, that reason being that it's not safe to assume that
the actual object is always of some specific class type. Why else would
I be using interfaces? In log4net, have interfaces been used for some
other reason so it's safe to make assumptions about the classes
implementing them?

               Oliver Sturm
omnibus ex nihilo ducendis sufficit unum
MSN oliver@sturmnet.org Jabber sturm@amessage.de ICQ 27142619

View raw message