From Marco Herrn <marco.he...@sourcepark.org>
Subject Re: RollingFileAppender does not log to the file
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:16:59 GMT
> This is usually a permission related issue. The ASP.NET worker process
> is running as the ASPNET use (by default) this account needs permission
> to create, modify, delete and list files in the directory.

I will try to investigate this further, but it seems to me that this
should not be the case, since I use an impersonation to let the process
run as a specific user with full rights.
Could this be a different problem, too?

> I am still slightly confused by the log4net-debug.txt trace that you
> included in your first mail. The ASP.NET process doesn't typically have
> a console and the output of the console appender is discarded, just
> wondering how you captured the output of the internal log4net debug and
> console appender when run from ASP.NET?

Oh, sorry that I didn't mention that. I redirected Console output by
using System.Console.SetOut(StreamWriter) to catch this output. In the
same way I am catching the debug output of log4net, otherwise I wouldn't
get this, too.