From "Simon Wallis" <mail...@wallis.ca>
Subject Pass LoggingEvent obj to web service
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:43:31 GMT
Hi, I'm trying to create a web service that will receive an array of LoggingEvent objects sent
from a custom appender. I suppose this is a general .NET question on serialization, but what
is the best way to do this?

I tried playing around with the SoapFormatter class, which serializes an object into a stream.
Then I tried creating a web service function that would receive and deserialize a stream.
I couldn't get this working because the wsdl.exe-generated proxy class created it's own Stream
class, which conflicted with the System.IO.Stream class I was trying to pass in. Obviously
I'm not doing something right.

I don't have much experience with this. Can someone suggest the best way to pass an object
or array of objects into a web service?

TIA,
Simon.