From "Simon Wallis" <mail...@wallis.ca>
Subject RE: Error using RemotingAppender: can't find assembly log4net
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:16:12 GMT
Now I'm using the example RemotingServer which works perfectly with the example RemotingClient.
It just bombs when I use it with my own client. Here is the stack trace from DebugView which
also shows the configuration of my client. Again, the server works fine with the sample client,
just not my client.

Doesn't this mean that the server is fine but something wrong with my client setup? Why do
you suppose it is giving the message, "Cannot find the assembly log4net"?

[7100] log4net: DOMConfigurator: Configuration update mode [Merge].
[7100] log4net: DOMConfigurator: Logger [root] Level string is [DEBUG].
[7100] log4net: DOMConfigurator: Logger [root] level set to [name="DEBUG",value=30000].
[7100] log4net: DOMConfigurator: Loading Appender [RemotingAppender] type: [log4net.Appender.RemotingAppender]

[7100] log4net: DOMConfigurator: Setting Property [Sink] to String value [tcp://localhost:8085/LoggingSink]

[7100] log4net: DOMConfigurator: Setting Property [Lossy] to Boolean value [False]
[7100] log4net: DOMConfigurator: Setting Property [BufferSize] to Int32 value [1]
[7100] log4net: DOMConfigurator: Setting Property [OnlyFixPartialEventData] to Boolean value
[7100] log4net: DOMConfigurator: Created Appender [RemotingAppender]
[7100] log4net: DOMConfigurator: Adding appender named [RemotingAppender] to logger [root].

[7100] log4net: DOMConfigurator: Hierarchy Threshold []
[7100] log4net:ERROR [RemotingAppender] Failed in DoAppend
[7100] System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Cannot find the assembly log4net,
Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9be3b600b03054c9.
[7100] Server stack trace:
[7100]    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryAssemblyInfo.GetAssembly()

[7100]    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.GetType(BinaryAssemblyInfo
assemblyInfo, String name)
[7100]    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryConverter.TypeFromInfo(BinaryTypeEnum
binaryTypeEnum, Object typeInformation, ObjectReader objectReader, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo,
InternalPrimitiveTypeE& primitiveTypeEnum, String& typeString, Type& type, Boolean&
[7100]    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadArray(BinaryHeaderEnum
[7100]    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
[7100]    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler
handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
[7100]    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream
serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

[7100]    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CoreChannel.DeserializeBinaryRequestMessage(String
objectUri, Stream inputStream, Boolean bStrictBinding, TypeFilterLevel securityLevel)
[7100]    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack
sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage&
responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
[7100] Exception rethrown at [0]:
[7100]    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg,
IMessage retMsg)
[7100]    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData,
Int32 type)
[7100]    at log4net.Appender.IRemoteLoggingSink.LogEvents(LoggingEvent[] events)
[7100]    at log4net.Appender.RemotingAppender.SendBuffer(LoggingEvent[] events)
[7100]    at log4net.Appender.BufferingAppenderSkeleton.Append(LoggingEvent loggingEvent)

[7100]    at log4net.Appender.AppenderSkeleton.DoAppend(LoggingEvent loggingEvent)