From "Andrew Elmhorst" <nos...@elmhorst.com>
Subject RE: Using RollingFileAppender
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:14:07 GMT
Try setting the DatePattern property on the RollingFileAppender to
"'.'dddd'.log'"

This should create backup log files in the pattern [logfilename].Monday.log.
This should get you close to what you want. You can also set the
StaticLogFileName to false and the RollingFileAppender should write directly
to [logfilename].Monday.log.

Regards,

Andrew Elmhorst

-----Original Message-----
From: Shrivastava, Ravi [mailto:ravi.shrivastava@bankofamerica.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 7:56 AM
To: 'Log4NET User'
Subject: Using RollingFileAppender

Is there a way I can configure RollingFileAppender to create a log file per
day, append to it if it's the app is run multiple times during that same
day, but overwrite it the following week. Ex: Have Monday.log,
Tuesday.log....etc., which show me logged activity for all of that day - on
the following Monday, Tues....they get overwritten.

TIA.