From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Setting up Chainsaw and log4net
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 13:45:07 GMT
Thanks for your reply Simon. In addition to the change you suggested, I
also searched the old mailing list at Sourceforge and discovered that I
was missing a config file for Chainsaw:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<log4j:configuration
 xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
 debug="false">
    <plugin name="UDPReceiver"
class="org.apache.log4j.net.UDPReceiver">
       <param name="Port" value="8080" />
    </plugin>
</log4j:configuration>

Nick, I can't seem to get line numbers to appear in Chainsaw. I've
compiled my project in Debug mode. Line numbers appear fine on my other
appenders (RollingFileAppender, ADONetAppender, etc.). My UdpAppender
entry looks like this:

<appender name="UdpAppender" type="log4net.Appender.UdpAppender">
<localPort value="80" />
<remoteAddress value="127.0.0.1" />
<remotePort value="8080" />
<layout type="log4net.Layout.XmlLayoutSchemaLog4j" />
</appender>

Line numbers always appear as question marks in Chainsaw. Do you think
this is a log4net issue or more of a Chainsaw issue?

- Ron