From "Andrew Elmhorst" <nos...@elmhorst.com>
Subject RE: Log4Net API to get appender config properties
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 00:56:12 GMT
Sure, here's a quick code snippet . .

This will get you the appenders that have been appended to the root of the
hierarchy.

IAppender fileApp = null;

IAppender consoleApp = null;

log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy hierarchy =
LogManager.GetLoggerRepository() as log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy;

foreach( IAppender app in hierarchy.Root.Appenders )

{

            if (app is ConsoleAppender)

                        consoleApp = app;

            else if (app is RollingFileAppender)

            {

                        fileApp = app;

                        //Update the appender's schedule

                        RollingFileAppender ap = ( RollingFileAppender )app;

                        ap.DatePattern = sCfg.LogFileRollSchedule ;

            }

}

  _____