From "Andrew Elmhorst" <nos...@elmhorst.com>
Subject Problems upgrading to version 1.2 from 1.1
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:18:47 GMT
I am trying to upgrade to log4net 1.2 beta from 1.1. One huge thing that
changed is that the Category class has been made internal. I have some
questions about how to port code because of this.

I have changed my variables of type "Category" to "ILog" and the creation of
them to LogManger.GetLogger().

However, one of the things I need to do is switch the Appender being used.
What I used to call is Category.RemoveAllAppenders and Category.AddAppender.
Now, it looks like I need to cast my ILog instance to an IAppenderAttachable
interface, which is part of the spi namespace, which is documented as being
internal. Is this what I should be doing? Can I safely assume that anything
that is an ILog is also going to be an IAppenderAttachable?

One last question . . . How do I set the Priority on my ILog instance?

Thanks in advance

Andrew Elmhorst