From "Mario Gutierrez" <mgutier...@firstam.com>
Subject RE: Can I write my own appender
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:08:34 GMT
It's not too difficult to create your own appender. You have the full
source for all the appenders. Start with the one closest to your desired
behavior and copy it. I copied the AdoAppender, compiled it into a
separate assembly and loaded the appender via the type attribute
specifying the assembly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Graham Allwood [mailto:graham.allwood@eborsolutions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 6:19 AM
To: 'Log4NET User'
Subject: RE: Can I write my own appender

Dipanker,

Is your Management Console an MMC snapin, an application you have
written or a service? If it's an exe you've written are you looking at
the logging framework to pass the xml on the command line, i.e. start
the Management Console for you? If the MC is already running or if it is
a service then have you considered using the remoting appender?

I've never written an appender, I'm just curious in what your trying to
do as there are a lot of appenders already and I wondered if you could
use an existing one. I'm sure you've considered all possibilities
though!

  _____