logging-log4net-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dominik Psenner (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (LOG4NET-538) AdoNetAppender to PostgreSQL
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2016 17:02:58 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET-538?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15745628#comment-15745628
] 

Dominik Psenner commented on LOG4NET-538:
-----------------------------------------

Raymond Sanchez <agileraymond@gmail.com> posted this on the mailing list:

{quote}I upgrade my database to 9.5.4 and it works fine. Cristian, are you able to push your
project to Github?

If you are not able to do so, check the raw sql query being sent to Postgres. I have seen
.net providers sending incorrect column names to the database. 

Hope this helps.{quote}

> AdoNetAppender to PostgreSQL
> ----------------------------
>
>                 Key: LOG4NET-538
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET-538
>             Project: Log4net
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Appenders
>    Affects Versions: 1.2.15
>         Environment: C#
>            Reporter: Cristian Margescu
>              Labels: patch
>
> I am using the AdoNetAppender to log audits to the database. I was using until some time
the 1.2.13 version with a configuration for MSSQL or PostgreSQL which inserted practically
data as json strings that will later be interpreted by another tool using the following appender
configuration. 
> EX: <appender name="NpgsqlAppender" type="log4net.Appender.AdoNetAppender">
>     <filter type="log4net.Filter.LevelRangeFilter">
>       <levelMin value="AUDIT" />
>       <levelMax value="AUDIT" />
>     </filter>
>     <bufferSize value="1"/>
>     <connectionType
>       value="Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection, Npgsql" />
>     <connectionString
>       value="Server={myServer};Port=5432;Database={database};User Id={myuser};Password={mypassword}"
/>
>     <commandText value="INSERT INTO audit (message) VALUES (@message);" />
>     <reconnectOnError value="true" />
>     <useTransactions value="false"/>
>     <parameter>
>       <parameterName value="@message" />
>       <dbType value="String" />
>       <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout" >
>         <conversionPattern value="%message"/>
>       </layout>
>     </parameter>
>   </appender>
> It worked great until I have updated to 1.2.15 and then we have noticed that the PosgreSQL
appender did not worked any more. After doing some research and testing I have narrowed it
down to the AdoNetAppender
> that probably has a problem with the parameters because it shows a PG error 47203 as
column "message" not found.
>   



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message