From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Happy to help
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 04:23:44 GMT
Hi Jim

On 2016-09-08, Jim Christopher wrote:

> I hear log4net needs some help.  I'm happy to offer what time I can.

this is great.

> Please point me at something you'd like me to tackle.

The log4net JIRA holds a lot of open tickets. Maybe something looks
interesting to you.

Right now I use the time I have on integrating the new .NET Core
assemblies and nuget package creation with the NAnt build process in
order to become able to cut a new release.

It feels like this is only a short term solution as NAnt is becoming
more of an obstacle than help by not supporting recent frameworks
anymore. So I expect we'll start discussing alternative solutions
soonish.

What I wish I had time to look into is verifying that all tickets that
have been resolved with target version 1.3.0 - a branch we've abandoned
by now - have actually been ported back to trunk. I'm afraid we've
missed some.

Apart from that we know RollingFileAppender has a lot of issues, likely
so many that writing a replacement might be in order.

Please yell if something feels wrong and clumsy.

Oh, if you intend to contribute more than just smallish patches it would
be good if you signed a contributor's agreement - i.e. you legally allow
the ASF to publish your contributions.

    https://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

Cheers

        Stefan