From Kanchan Mehrotra <kanch...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Supporting Log4Net on ASP.NET vNext
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2014 05:48:05 GMT
Thanks folks!
We are wondering if it will be a good idea to have a conference call with some of you who
are interested to share more information on ASP.NET vNext. We would also like to further discuss
your plans on porting log4Net to support vNext.
Can you please suggest how we can proceed on this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 10:29 PM
To: Log4NET Dev
Cc: Daniel Roth; Jiří Činčura; Kanchan Mehrotra
Subject: Re: Supporting Log4Net on ASP.NET vNext

Hi

as Dominik said, the best place to discuss technical issues around chages to log4net is this
mailing list itself.

On 2014-10-15, Kanchan Mehrotra wrote:

> We would like to discuss with you plans for releasing support for your
> package for ASP.NET vNext

What kind of changes would log4net need to make so you can support it?

> As a part of our testing to understand the porting experience to
> ASP.NET vNext we ported some parts of your package source to use the
> latest preview release of ASP.NET vNext. We would like to share our
> initial investigations with you.

Great, let's hear about them.

> so please do let me know who on the project owners team should we
> involve in these discussions

Please understand that there is a team of people who work on log4net code - and not really
that actively, to be honest - but we don't consider ourselves "owners".  The term sounds wrong
in the context of an Apache project :-)

Part of our (Apache's) culture is a "if it didn't happen on the mailing list it didn't happen"
mantra.  Please don't hesitate to bring anything you want to discuss/explain here and let's
go from there.

Cheers

Stefan