From "Howe, Peter L" <ph...@paychex.com>
Subject log4net WcfServiceAppender?
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:50:38 GMT
I am working on setting up the RemotingAppender for use with our application, and am almost
finished.  I have written the sink component for the server and it works fine from my perspective,
but every piece of documentation I look at on Remoting reminds you that it is "obsolete" and
that you should use WCF instead.  It also points out that full trust is required, and I am
not sure the security folks will like that when it comes to deploying the application on our
server(s).  To get things working, I had to use "RemotingConfiguration.Configure(null, false);
" in both the client and server components.

Can anyone tell me if a WcfServiceAppender is planned, or if a reliable third party has written
one?

Thanks,
Peter

The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential and protected from
disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify your representative immediately
and delete this message from your computer. Thank you.