From "Howe, Peter L" <ph...@paychex.com>
Subject log4net not reading all of app.config file
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 14:58:04 GMT
I have a very strange problem.  It appears that log4net is not reading the entire config file.
 I know it is reading at least PART of the file, because I can enable the internal key ("<add
key="log4net.Internal.Debug" value="true"/>) by changing the comment markers, and log4net
outputs debug information according to whether or not that line in the config file is activated
(by uncommenting.)  However, it does not seem to see the rest of the config file, as nothing
in the <log4net> section generates any debug output, while in a different project the
exact same app.config file generates copious debug output for the <log4net> section.

Any insights will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Peter

The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential and protected from
disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify your representative immediately
and delete this message from your computer. Thank you.