From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nightly builds
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 12:38:39 GMT
Hi,

(sorry for topposting).

Oh I see. Well yes, it might be difficult then and as we are low on
log4net human power, we better use our efforts on other areas.

I was just looking if drone.io does support .net builds, but it
doesn't seem like that. Maybe there is another provider who can create
nightlies from public directories.

Cheers + thanks for the update!
Christian

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Dominik Psenner <dpsenner@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Christian,
>
> [moving this to log4net-dev only]
>
> According to Stefan we cannot use Gump for nightly builds but should rather set up jenkins.
Therefore I read through [1] and it
> seems that there's at least one major issue with Jenkins: the jenkins slaves do not include
an installation of nant. This requires
> us to move to ant (unfeasible) or discuss with the jenkins admins to set up nant.
>
> I am not an expert on neither jenkins nore nant and there are probably a lot more culprits
ahead. Therefore I believe that nightlies
> come with quite a lot of work and maybe that work is not worth the effort if there's
not much interest in the community anyway.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de