logging-log4net-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dominik Psenner (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Closed] (LOG4NET-364) Can't assign custom level to threshold
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 19:21:18 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET-364?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Dominik Psenner closed LOG4NET-364.
-----------------------------------

    Resolution: Invalid
      Assignee: Dominik Psenner

This is log4net, not log4j. Sorry, you got to the wrong bug tracker.
                
> Can't assign custom level to threshold
> --------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: LOG4NET-364
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET-364
>             Project: Log4net
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Appenders
>    Affects Versions: 1.2.12
>         Environment: Java 1.6.31 x86
>            Reporter: Martin Poruban
>            Assignee: Dominik Psenner
>              Labels: appenders,, custom, level
>
> When i try assign custom level to appender, this level is ignored and appender have assigned
debug level.
> Code from my property file.
> llog4j.rootLogger=DEBUG,A3
> log4j.appender.A3=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
> log4j.appender.A3.File=user3.log
> log4j.appender.A3.Threshold=USER3#com.test.log.CustomLevel
> log4j.appender.A3.MaxFileSize=1MB
> log4j.appender.A3.MaxBackupIndex=10
> log4j.appender.A3.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.A3.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %5p [%t] (%F:%L) - %m%n
> output from debug console
> log4j: Parsing for [root] with value=[DEBUG,A3].
> log4j: Level token is [DEBUG].
> log4j: Category root set to DEBUG
> log4j: Parsing appender named "A3".
> log4j: Parsing layout options for "A3".
> log4j: Setting property [conversionPattern] to [%d %5p [%t] (%F:%L) - %m%n].
> log4j: End of parsing for "A3".
> log4j: Setting property [maxFileSize] to [1MB].
> log4j: Setting property [maxBackupIndex] to [10].
> log4j: toLevel:class=[com.test.log.CustomLevel]:pri=[USER3]
> log4j: Setting property [threshold] to [DEBUG].
> log4j: Setting property [file] to [user3.log].
> log4j: setFile called: user3.log, true
> log4j: setFile ended
> log4j: Parsed "A3" options.
> But when i change threshold to default level e.g. WARN 
> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG,A3
> log4j.appender.A3=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
> log4j.appender.A3.File=user3.log
> log4j.appender.A3.Threshold=WARN
> log4j.appender.A3.MaxFileSize=1MB
> log4j.appender.A3.MaxBackupIndex=10
> log4j.appender.A3.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.A3.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %5p [%t] (%F:%L) - %m%n
> then all is ok
> log4j: Parsing for [root] with value=[DEBUG,A3].
> log4j: Level token is [DEBUG].
> log4j: Category root set to DEBUG
> log4j: Parsing appender named "A3".
> log4j: Parsing layout options for "A3".
> log4j: Setting property [conversionPattern] to [%d %5p [%t] (%F:%L) - %m%n].
> log4j: End of parsing for "A3".
> log4j: Setting property [maxFileSize] to [1MB].
> log4j: Setting property [maxBackupIndex] to [10].
> log4j: Setting property [threshold] to [WARN].
> log4j: Setting property [file] to [user3.log].
> log4j: setFile called: user3.log, true
> log4j: setFile ended
> log4j: Parsed "A3" options.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message