From "Dominik Psenner" <dpsen...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: FW: Add new FAQ entry
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:00:42 GMT
>> *hm* .. using maven 2.2.1 it seems to work flawlessly. At least it does
>not
>> produce warnings. ;-) I checked the site and mostly only the dates are
>> changed now. *yay!*
>
>[Sorry for being almost totally absent, and not only here.  Currently I
>have no idea when this will change.]

Welcome back Stefan. We haven't read you for quite a long time.

>I'm pretty sure I've been using Maven 2.2.1 when I last ran the site
>build.

This confirms that the build for now works only with mvn2.

>> The last problem I have now are the line endings in the generated site. I
>am
>> on windows and I suppose the svn expects \n instead of \r\n line endings?
>
>native would be fine if it wasn't for some broken maven plugins.  The
>generated docs will hold a mix of \r\n and \n lines - inside the same
>file.  The headers and footers are different from the content.  I
>intended to dig deep enough into maven to figure out who is wrong - but
>I read enough other lists to know it is a common problem.
>
>Back last year I ended up running Ant's fixcrl over the generated site
>before committing it (which will take ages BTW).

I believe that some source files have dos EOLs and some have unix EOLs. When
copying those together in the target files this seems to create the mixed
EOL problem. FWIW, the broken EOLs I found were always at the apache license
xml comment.