From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forth digit in version number
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 16:13:15 GMT
On 2011-09-08, Michael Schall wrote:

> We set the forth digit to 0 for the AssemblyVersion attribute and SVN
> revision number for the AssemblyFileVersion attribute.  This way you can
> slipstream fixes without breaking compatibility with other's code, but you
> still have the revision number if you want it.

I'd rather release 1.2.NEXT then.  YMMV.

> We also add the actual SVN url to the AssemblyDescription so you can grab
> the exact code easily.

Interesting.  How do you integrate this with your build process?

I was thinking about using "svn info" or even parsing the .svn contents
but don't really feel comfortable enough with NAnt to do that (and don't
know whether things like TutroiseSvn or AnkhSvn or whatever provide a
svn command line client for svn info to work).

Stefan