From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject First JIRA triage run complete
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 12:28:03 GMT
Hi all,

as you have seen in the storm of JIRA emails I went through all JIRA
issues and assigned them to some "fix version".  Some of them looked
invalid but I only closed the most obvious ones.

After I now have read all of them, on piece of code is sticking out as a
major pain point: RollingFileAppender.  A double digit number of issues
are raised against it.  I have assigned two or three of them to 1.2.11
but we can also push the whole thing back if it seems as if the code
needs some re-thought to get it right.

If anybody is looking for an isolated piece of code that needs to be
fixed without any need to understand the whole code base,
RollingFileAppender it is.  If anybody wants to play with it, please
raise your hand so we don't duplicate effort.

The next things I intend to focus on is fixing the currently failing
unit tests on Windows 7, generating the site (and fixing some related
doc issues while I'm at it) and the whole build system so we can
actually create a distribution.

Stefan