From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Log4Net failed in .net 3.5 Framework
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:58:11 GMT
Can you post the entire stack trace of the exception? Is the Framework raising the exception
or is log4net? If the Framework is raising the exception then its not a log4net issue.

Your App.Config is wrong. You need to fix that. Perhaps you're just seeing these errors now
because newer versions of the Framework have improved error checking.

The version of Visual Studio you're using doesn't really matter here. This is a .NET Framework
issue.

----- Original Message ----
From: CheeHong <cheehongh@hotmail.com>
To: log4net-dev@logging.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 12:41:27 AM
Subject: Re: Log4Net failed in .net 3.5 Framework

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Appreaciated.

I know there are certain restrictions on App.config for adding custom
section handlers. But I didn't quite understand why such errors were not
reported when I was using VS 2003 ( with log4net ) ?

It would be quite troublesome for me to re-structure my App.config file as I
built my project flow according to format as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <appSettings>
    <Hello>
    </Hello>
    < Hello2>
    </Hello2>
  </appSettings>
  </configuration>

Is anyone facing this issue as well ? How come I was able to run smoothly
without any errors in VS2003 but not with VS2008 ?

Chee Hong