From Jim Rosenfeld <james.rosenf...@gmail.com>
Subject .NET 2.0 patches
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:06:37 GMT
Greetings,
 I've been using log4net for a little while now and it's really a great tool
to have in the toolbox. Naturally, when I obtained my copy of Visual Studio
2005, I wanted to see how log4net would compile in the release version of
the 2.0 framework. I was able to compile it successfully, but with a number
of warnings for deprecated methods, etc. So I went through all of the
(non-XML doc) warnings and added conditional compilation statements (#if
(NET_2_0)) with fixes for the various issues the compiler reported.
 I probably should have looked into contributing more first and applied
changes to the current svn version of the code, but at least I've run
through the process once. I did a quick search through the dev mailing list
archives and I didn't see anything related to an effort to update the code
for .NET 2.0 (besides a recent checkin for one 2.0 related warning), so I
wanted to see if anyone else already has this in the works somewhere, and if
not, if I should submit patches for the fixes (which, in the interim, I'll
probably start applying to the svn branch).
 James

--
James Rosenfeld
james.rosenfeld@gmail.com