From "Nicko Cadell" <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject RE: Question about RollingFileAppender output ending in a txt extension ?
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:34:01 GMT
If you look at the output you got it did do exactly what you asked it to do, that is the result
of running "yyyy-MMM-dd;quot;.txt;quot;" through the DateTime.ToString formatter. The 't's
in the string are mapped to the 'A' or 'P' of the AM/PM specifier. An XML entity reference
for single quote is "&quot;" not ";quot;" but you don't even need to specify that as an
entity reference.

How about:

<param name="DatePattern" value="yyyy-MMM-dd'.txt'"/>

FYI Single quotes do not need to be entity escaped within double quoted attribute values (and
visa versa) (see http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml11-20040204/#NT-AttValue for reference).

Nicko