From "Nicko Cadell" <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject RE: Question about RollingFileAppender output ending in a txt extension?
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:37:01 GMT
The RollingFileAppender does not currently support patterns for the
numeric file extensions. The rolled file number must be the last part of
the filename for the appender to identify it.

If anyone wants to try to implement this enhancement I think it should
be relatively straight forward. The Int32.ToString supports patterns,
for example:

7.ToString("000'.txt'") -> "007.txt"

So it should be simple enough to add a number pattern property and then
use that to expand the numeric value into the file name string when
opening the file or when searching for the existing files.

Cheers,
Nicko