From "Kevin O'Connor" <kocon...@11.com>
Subject RE: Interest in OpenNETCF (1.4)
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 19:13:47 GMT
Hi Nicko,

I have finished a port of log4net that does use the OpenNETCF library.
I have attached a description of what I have done, the files I edited
(and a bit about why).  The library seems to work nicely in our
framework.

If this is of interest to the group, I'd be happy to submit the changes
for review and inclusion.

Please let me know the process for this.

Kevin

Kevin G O'Connor
Eleven Technology     e: koconnor@11.com
45 Dunster St         p: 617.715.3031
Cambridge, MA 02138   m: 617.834.1291
http://www.11.com     f: 810.963.2708

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicko Cadell [mailto:nicko@neoworks.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 3:02 PM
To: Log4NET Dev
Subject: RE: Interest in OpenNETCF (1.4)

Hi Kevin,

OpenNETCF isn't something that I was aware of, thanks for your email
bringing it to our attention. It looks like the OpenNETCF library makes
up for many of the shortfalls of the base NETCF platform.

Many of the appenders in log4net which are not built for the NETCF
platform could be built using the OpenNETCF library.  These can be built
into a separate assembly that links with the OpenNETCF library.

As far as I know there is none working on using the OpenNETCF library to
build log4net appenders.

Cheers,
Nicko