From "Secules, Christopher T [AMSRD-AAR-AEF-A]" <chris.secu...@us.army.mil>
Subject RE: Question about RollingFileAppender output ending in a txt ext ensi on?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:53:11 GMT
Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thanks!
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Secules, Christopher T [AMSRD-AAR-AEF-A]
[mailto:chris.secules@us.army.mil]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:54 AM
To: 'log4net-dev@logging.apache.org'
Subject: Question about RollingFileAppender output ending in a txt extensi
on?

I've tried playing around with my config file wrt log file names, and I
can't seem to get what I'm looking for.  I am wondering if there is a way to
have the output from the RollingFileAppender save all the log files as text
files (.txt).  I've noticed that if I specify just a date pattern in the
DatePattern parameter, the resulting log files I get are named:

Server-2005-11-15
Server-2005-11-15.1
Server-2005-11-15.2
Server-2005-11-15.3
Server-2005-11-15.4
Server-2005-11-15.5
And so on...

I'm looking for something like:

Server-2005-11-15.txt
Server-2005-11-15.1.txt
Server-2005-11-15.2.txt
Server-2005-11-15.3.txt
Server-2005-11-15.4.txt
Server-2005-11-15.5.txt
And so on...so that the default program to open it is something like
Notepad, and not "Unknown Application"

Does anyone know of any way to do this, preferrably without extending the
source code and just using the pre-packaged log4net.dll?

Thanks a lot!
Chris