From Cory Trese <cory.tr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r331170 - in /logging/log4net: ./ trunk/
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 22:23:33 GMT
This might be a little off-topic ... it's about this subject at least though ...

>From the TortoiseSVN help file, under "Daily Use Guide" in
"5.24. Integration with Bugtracking Systems / Issue  trackers" it is noted that

[snip]

Set the Properties on Folders

These properties must be set on folders for the system to work. When
you commit a file or folder the properties are read from that folder.
If the properties are not found there, TortoiseSVN will search upwards
through the folder tree to find them until it comes to an unversioned
folder, or the tree root (eg. C:\) is found. If you can be sure that
each user checks out only from e.g trunk/ and not some subfolder, then
it's enough if you set the properties on trunk/. If you can't be sure,
you should set the properties recursively on each subfolder. A
property setting deeper in the project hierarchy overrides settings on
higher levels (closer to trunk/).

For tsvn: properties only you can use the Recursive checkbox to set
the property to all subfolders in the hierarchy, without also setting
it on all files.

[/snip]

So, according to the documentation, the best bet is to use "Recursive"
from the TSVN properties menu to apply these only to the folders in
the repository.  That's how I've been doing it as sometimes my users
do not always check out high enough in the tree to get the trunk.

--
Development:  http://polydevmono.blogspot.com/