From "David Thielen" <da...@windward.net>
Subject Want to give code to the logging group - log4j wrapper around log4net
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:24:42 GMT
Hi;

I am working on some java code that we are porting to J#. Our goal is to
have a common code base so we want to be able to call the log4j classes that
we have throughout our code.

However, we do not want to port log4j as log4net exists, and is widely used
in the .net world. So I am creating a wrapper that is the public log4j
classes that underneath calls log4net. I think this would be very useful to
anyone trying to have a single codebase for J# and java.

Can I give it to the logging group and you can then make it available to
others? How do I do this?

And if you are not interested, please let me know so I can go place it on
sourceforge or somewhere like that.

Thanks - dave

Ps - Thanks to Ron Grabowski for help on this.

David Thielen

303-499-2544

www.windwardreports.com