From "Nicko Cadell" <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: logging-log4net/src/Util PatternString.cs
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 12:39:00 GMT
At my company we use cygwin to simulate a UNIX environment under
Windows. It makes sense to do that using the cygwin UNIX mode. UNIX mode
just means don't do anything clever. DOS mode means do this magic to
convert a LF into a CRLF when reading and do the reverse when writing.
In general I am not in favour of any sort of magic behaviour which hides
the underlying data, or makes it difficult to work around.

Because of my unix background I use the cvs command line client from the
cygwin package, I find it faster to use than the various equivalent UIs
that are available, but that's just me. I also like the UNIX tools and
terminal window which I can just drag to resize etc.

I haven't played around with subversion too much and I don't know how it
deals with the LF / CRLF issue, I guess we will find out ;)

Cheers,

Nicko