From "Alex O'Ree" <alexo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: chainsaw publish to central?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2019 02:01:34 GMT
Roger that. I was looking to borrow some of the log4j parsing code that
already existing in chainsaw. When I couldn't find a recent version
central, I decided to build from source. That turned out to be a bit more
work than anticipated. I checked it out from github, which is probably my
mistake. The pom relative paths (we really should avoid that practice) do
not work unless you have all the parent projects checked out too.  I also
had a few issues related to jdk versions and various maven plugin versions
(probably due to the lack of parent pom resolution). The build requires mvn
site first, then mvn install? It's a bit strange but i understand why it's
there. Anyhow, I'm not complaining. I eventually got it to build and am up
and running.