From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Invoke custom code after RollingFileAppender append()
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2019 17:08:42 GMT
OK, but in that case using an Action is the correct approach as you responded. It will get
control just after the gzip file is created. If you want to support scripting then we could
create a ScriptAction.

Ralph

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39137396/how-to-extend-log4j2-rollingfileappender/39141257#comment96203788_39141257

> (Shameless plug) Every java main() method deserves http://picocli.info
>
>> On Feb 16, 2019, at 0:54, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ralph,
>>
>> I guess then the question becomes: how can the filter detect that a particular event
triggered a rollover?

>> Remko.
>>
>> (Shameless plug) Every java main() method deserves http://picocli.info
>>
>>> On Feb 15, 2019, at 23:39, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don’t think I understand this requirement. Why couldn’t they just create
a filter that sends the email. Sure, it won’t be right after the event is logged but so
what?