From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Programmatically Modifying the Current Configuration after Initialization
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 17:37:03 GMT
Would you mind creating a Jira issue requesting that the clone method, or some variation of
it, be added to Configuration implementations?

Ralph

> On Feb 9, 2018, at 9:14 AM, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Doh! I thought you had provided me with the magic bullet. :)
>
> Ok. I'll back to programmically registering info read from my
> XmlConfiguration into the active Context.
>
> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 11:12 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> It occurs to me that there is a problem with my suggest in that you cannot create
a new Configuration using the currently active configuration as that will cause problems.
The current configuration needs to be cloned. I don’t know if we have an easy way to do
that.

>> Ralph
>>
>>> On Feb 9, 2018, at 9:08 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> If you want to add to their configuration then you should use a CompositeConfiguration.
In that case I would get the current configuration, create your own Configuration, add them
both to a new CompositeConfiguration and then call Configurator.initialize(compositeConfiguration).