From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do you have any plans to instrument `log4j2` with metrics?
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2017 01:43:40 GMT
On 1 October 2017 at 04:24, Yaroslav Skopets <y.skopets@gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, how could we integrate our own plugin with JMX ? So that it
> would be registered/unregistered at the same time as components provided
> out-of-the-box.

I don't see a currently supported way of doing that. However, if
o.a.l.l.core.jmx.Server were refactored to be less of a bundle of static
methods and enhanced to allow for service discovery or use of the plugin
system, I could see that working out. Perhaps it would be simpler to
enhance the specific MBean classes (e.g., AppenderAdmin) come to think of
it.

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>