From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: loggerContext for container shared lib
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 03:56:36 GMT
You didn’t say if you also have a log4j2.xml file in tomcat/lib. If you log something before
the two web apps start I am certain that it would use the log4j2.xml in tomcat/lib. I will
have to look at the code that loads the configuration file to determine which ClassLoader
it will use when the call is made from a web app. If it uses the thread context class loader
then that could cause the problem.

Ralph

> On Oct 4, 2017, at 3:13 PM, billokara@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> we have multiple webapps, say, webapp1 and webapp2, that use a shared apache lib (say
commonLib, which also uses log4j logging) that deployed as jndi resource in tomcat (thus was
put in tomcat/lib), and followings are our log4j jars deploy location:

> tomcat/lib:
> - log4j-core.jar, log4j-api.jar
> - commonLib.jar
>
> webapp1 and webapp2, in /WEB-INF:
> - classes/log4j2.xml
> - lib/log4j2-web.jar
>
> When loading, the ClassLoaderContextSelector correctly uses the webappClassloader to
load the log4j config for webapp1 and webapp2. But for the commonLib loggerContext, depending
on which webapp got loaded first, the commonLib loggerContext will either be using