From Matt Sicker <mattsic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query about Update database log event using log4j
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 14:09:43 GMT
On 12 September 2017 at 09:06, Gaurav Deshpande <Gaurav.Deshpande@1eq.com>
wrote:

> Hi Matt/Ralph
>

> This is a query on log4j2 java API.
>

> Is it possible to update the logged events in database with JDBCAppender
> or JPAappender?

The existing API is all for inserts. By nature of how logs work, I've
always considered them immutable append-only operations (e.g., how
databases tend to implement a write-ahead log for writing data first).

> If not then how to make it work?

That would require not only a code update, but some semantics on how
exactly it determines which log messages are inserts versus updates.
Perhaps a sort of upsert query with configurable fields with which to merge
on.