From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asynchronous logger and thread-local appender
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2017 22:21:25 GMT
Piotr,

I agree that implementing custom Log4j2 context injector to solve this can be quite complex.

It's a good idea to look at using AsyncAppender with an alternative queue. DisruptorBlockingQueue
and JCToolsBlockingQueue are good options.
We haven't done extensive performance analysis but initial results were promising. I don't
remember exact numbers but performance was better than with ArrayBlockingQueue and close to
Async Loggers in some cases. (I found some benchmarks in this JIRA ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1430
)

That may be a fairly simple solution for your use case.

Remko

(Shameless plug) Every java main() method deserves http://picocli.info