From "COHEN, STEVEN M" <sc1...@att.com>
Subject RE: Copying appenders and loggers from a confgiruation to a builder
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 19:24:17 GMT
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1713

Thanks Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Gregory [mailto:garydgregory@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 12:49 PM
To: Log4J Users List <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Copying appenders and loggers from a confgiruation to a builder

You need to click the red text in the "Create" button, not the drop down arrow.

From a high level you want to do something like this:

c1 = load config from XML file 1 (but do not apply the c1 configuration)
c2 = load config from XML file 2 (but do not apply the c2 configuration)
c3 = c1 + c2 (but do not apply the c3 configuration) write c3 to disk

right? sounds reasonable.

Dare I mention... XSL? [Ducks under flying tomatoes.]

Gary