From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileAppender dynamic fileName
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 22:20:40 GMT
Ralph, thanks for replying.

I tried that before sending the email but a file ${sys:proc:unknown}.log was created...

Should it make any difference whether the File appender or the RollingFile appender is used?
(I only tried File.)

Where in the code is the lookup resolved? (I couldn't find it in the FileAppender code.)

I'll experiment some more.

Remko

Sent from my iPhone

> On 28 Nov 2016, at 22:50, Apache <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
> Using a single $ works as that is resolved during configuration. As I recall, ‘$${nnn:…}’
does not work.  I specify ${sys:catalina.home} in the filename for all of my web apps.

> Ralph
>
>> On Nov 27, 2016, at 11:10 PM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Does the FileAppender support lookups in the configured file name?
>>
>> Something like
>> <File name="F" fileName="${sys:procName:unknown}">
>>
>> Does a JIRA ticket already exist for this? (Couldn't find it...)
>>
>> I have a number of processes that are configured almost identically; with the log4j2.xml
inside one of the jars. Trying to let the different processes log to separate files. Not as
easy as I thought it would be. :-)